Red Hearts On My Fur

We are harmless my Queen and I
The world can't see us for what we really are
What with our ermine and the crowned heads
And our long robes and the rolled gold
Oh oh oh oh you're all alone

We were faceless my Queen and I
The world could not see us for what we really were
We were walled up in our outer selves
And we longed to escape into the outside world
With its goosebumps and the bubblegum
And the right from wrong where there are half measures
Oh God I wish I could put my thoughts down
Oh oh oh oh you're all alone in ante chambers
So you think it's like a cell
It's just as well you never left home

We are helpless my Queen and I
The world cannot see us for what we really are
On the Ile de France and on the puppet piers
My mask is white with rabbit ears
With a felt nose and black clubs
On my hind legs I'm all yours
With red hearts on my fur
I'm all hers I'm all hers
Oh oh oh oh you're all alone in ante chambers
So you think it's like a cell
It's just as well you've never left home